This app collects data about aviation noise. Users measure the noise levels of airplanes that fly over. The data is stored in a central database.
The database will be used to publish reports about aviation noise. We aim to inform all stakeholders: politicians, press, residents, airports and airlines.
We need the following data:
- Date and time of the registration
- Identification number of the airplane
- Geographical location of the registration
- The peak noise level measured
- Make and model of the smartphone used for the registration
- Serial number of the smartphone
The data about the device used is necessary to be able to interprete results and to be able to calibrate the sound level afterwards, depending on the device used.
It is possible that from the collected data is learned that a certain device measures noise levels with a standard deviation. We are then able to correct these levels within a seperate column on our published data.