- Please use our app outdoors. Measuring inside your home will ‘pollute’ our database with values that are at least 15 dB lower than the actual aviation noise level.
- Beware of the wind. The microphone of your smartphone can be sensitive for strong winds. Please measure aviation noise preferably out of the wind.
- Point your device’s microphone at the airplane during the sound measurement. If you do so you will register the most reliable noise level.
- If you want to share our news articles that are shown in the app: please visit our weblog at https://cms.explane.org.
- All the data gathered with the app is available via https://reports.explane.org.
(to be continued)